Friday, June 4, 2010

RAWlicious!

OMG, I went to a raw restaurant last night and I'm going again tonight, not even 24 hours later. The food was face rocking and that's putting it lightly. Seriously I want to try everything on the menu, and I mean everything. Last night I feasted on a sage burger and a slice of pizza. Hey, I know it's a weird meal combination but I was hankering for something savory and exciting and I'd already had a hugh jass salad earlier that day. Oh yeah, I also had a strawberry mango pie for dessert. Yummo. At the request of a friend I took some pictures but I forgot to get a picture of the dessert, oops. In my opinion the pics do very little to illustrate the awesome flavors of the dishes, maybe its the photographer, but hopefully you get the idea. Without further adieu ....


This scrumptious pizza is made with flax seed bread, topped with spinach, tomato sauce, pine nut cheese, chopped tomatoes, black olives red bell pepper, and some kind of crumbles - the name escapes me at the moment. This baby was bursting with flavor!


This foodgasmic burger was served with organic greens, pine nut cheese (I think) and tomatoes between two slices of kamut grain bread. Oh wait, there was also some sort of house sauce on that baby as well. Heavenly!

Moral of the story, if you have never given raw cuisine a try don't be afraid to brave it because you just may enjoy it. Even when I'm no longer on the raw detox, I'll still visit that restaurant because the food was absolutely wonderful. In fact, I'm even more inspired to learn how to prepare more raw dishes.

As for the financial impact, uh yeah, raw eating is definitely not cheap eating. I think I've spent more thus far than I normally would on my regular diet. To be fair, raw eating requires a lot more preparation and if you don't prepare properly then you can and will spend more money than you should. It's the equivalent of going to the grocery store without a list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous! We don't have a raw food restaurants around here. Next time I go into Orange County I will need to stop by and pick me some up. ;)

Raw food definitely takes a lot of prep, but once you get it going... YUMMY! I've been doing the green smoothie kick. Lots of fruit and greens, honey, and vanilla.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

FREE MONEY?? YES!!!!!!

Get paid for socializing, easiest $100 you will ever make GUARANTEED!

If you like Facebook & MySpace, you're gonna love SideTick! Earn points for browsing the site, adding friends, posting a blog, referring friends, reading a daily email and more. Accumulate those points and turn them into cash paid right into your Paypal account. How Cool is That?

To check it out go here:

http://www.sidetick.com/signup.php?src=erlo&signup_referer=76994

joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Illa Lanham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.