Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Things Are Moving Along

Hey ladies and gents, I had a meeting with a potential client two weeks ago. I'm now into the final phase, they've asked me to submit a written proposal. Unfortunately I can't go into many details but I promise I'll tell you all about it when I'm able to do so. Just know that I'm working toward my desired goal ... a career change.

I read this quote yesterday and I've been sharing it with anyone who would listen. Here goes, hopefully you find it as inspiring as I do:

Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it, I say! Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

~Pope Paul VI

Caveat - in the spirit of the quote, I don't think Pope Paul VI is suggesting that one embarks on a life of reckless abandonment and careless decision making. Quite the contrary. I believe he was encouraging us to live life on purpose. No longer passively living and merely existing. It's been said that most people's favorite day is "someday" and "one day," neither of which are real days of the week. How about changing someday to today and one day to Thursday ...

Okay, off to writing my proposal now! You guys are so supportive so I'm thanking you in advance for your encouragement.

3 comments:

444 said...

That's great that you are mindful about your goals and working to make them happen NOW instead of putting them on the back burner for "someday." You are right that far too many people do that.

Shtinkykat said...

Congrats on the successful business meeting. I know you'll be very busy drawing up a proposal and business plan. But how exciting. You are certainly living a purposeful life. Good for you!

MoneyFunk said...

that is a great quote!

Working on your goal for a career change. I'd like to hear more. I keep looking at these places that I might want a 'job', but am having a hard time because I don't want to work for anyone anymore but myself. LOL. I'm gonna have to work on that one!

Have fun writing up your proposal.