Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Product Review - OMG Goodness!!!

My beloved Trader Joes has done it again. I splurged on a box of organic Chai Tea ($3.29 for 20 bags) and let me tell you - I'll do it again and again and again. The "recipe" suggested that you bring 8 ounces of water to a boil, steep the tea bag for 4 - 5 minutes and if you desire, add a splash of milk for richness. I chose to boil some almond milk instead of water and then steeped the tea bag for several minutes. OMG!!! It was so delicious. I added absolutely no sweetener at all (one could argue that this is not a true statement since I used the vanilla flavored almond milk:-).




If you like chai tea, I highly recommend giving this product a try. Although I kept it basic, there are many options to jazz up your cup of goodness. A friend has decided to add some Bailey's Irish Cream to their cup ... hmm ... I'll pass, it's wonderful as is to me. Simple and plain, that's how I'll drink this beauty. Now that I think about it this wasn't a splurge because I can enjoy a cup of chai tea for about 17 cents. That's much cheaper than the occasional Caribou Coffee or Starbucks splurge. SCORE!

No comments: