Monday, October 27, 2008

Quicken Online - FREE

Those who know me know that I am a stickler for maintaining my monthly cash flow analysis (i.e. budget). Over the past 5 years I have a developed a system (okay spreadsheet) that works wonderfully for me. Because I have a perfected system it takes me all of 90 seconds to do my budget monthly and I am not kidding.

There are many resources available but I use a nice and simple excel spreadsheet. If you would like to see a version of what I use, feel free to contact me and I will send it to you. Let me warn you that there are no pictures, graphs or any other illustrations. I emphasize the word simple.

For those of you who may want something a little more jazzy for the same cost, Quicken is offering their online version for FREE. Quicken is made by Intuit, the same company that makes Turbo Tax and Quickbooks. I am not providing any endorsements here, I am merely sharing information. If you choose to try it you will do so at your own risk just like I will do so at my own risk. If and when I do try it myself, I'll be sure to chat about it with you.

http://quicken.intuit.com/online-banking-finances.jsp

~MMC

1 comment:

AprilPhire04 said...

I absolutely love Quicken Online. I got the partner application for my iPhone and I do not think I've had a better hold on my spending! I used to be horrible with keeping receipts and balancing the books each week, but with the app on my iPhone, I take 2-3 seconds to enter the data while I'm at the store. No more lost receipts and I can easily type the data into my Quicken program when I actually have time.

How are you liking it?